“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”
― J.K. Rowling
This quote by my one of my favorite authors is also the truth of my life. Two years ago, I was in a very dark place. I was struggling with major life challenges emotionally and then was sick with two back to back physical ailments which debilitated me further. As I was lying down in my bed being almost dead in my darkness, something happened. I saw a ray of sunshine which was calling out my name. I had a choice of staying in the dark or holding hands with the light. And I chose light that day! I chose light that day and I am choosing light every day of my life since then.
I came out of my darkness with God’s guidance buckled up with my sheer willpower. I realized, the only way from a rock bottom is ‘up’. I took the reins of my life in my own hands. Once I was out in the light there was this massive thirst now. The thirst to be that ray of light for someone else. The thirst to hold hands with someone who needs that help to transform from darkness to light. The thirst to shine my light brighter and illuminate this world one step at a time.
The Universe has a unique way in showing you a path when you just raise your vibration and dwell in gratitude. Well, that happened with me too. The Universe somehow led me to this meaningful and spiritual coaching program by the University of Wellness. I took the plunge and today I am a Holistic Life Coach providing kick ass tools to my clients to help them be a higher and better version of themselves. I primarily work with Indian women helping them to break the shackles of patriarchy, heal the trauma of the past, give wings to fly, teach self-love, help to let go of all the guilt and above all make every Indian woman confident and so self-sustained that they won’t require any external validation of how amazing they are as a woman.
The coaching certification not only taught me the tools required to be a compassionate and heart centered coach but it also gave me some mantras for a life. As I sit and look back at my life then and now, I realized my life would have been so much better if I had implemented these mantras earlier on. But it’s always better to be late than never try. Here are these mantras which have changed my life –
- Integrity: Your energy speaks volumes about you even before you utter a word. When your intention to help is genuine, all the help required will come to you on your path. When the purpose is tainted by malice, there will come a time when all of it will crumble down and you won’t be able to save it. Just embrace your truth and help others to do the same.
- Love, love, love: There is so much fear already out there in the world. Businesses thriving on health scares, political rumors, etc. People cashing in on someone else’s fear. I don’t think we need that anymore in our world. Come what may I never ever instill fear in anyone around me. Conquer the world with love and not fear. Just smile at a stranger on the way back home today and see the ripple effect of love spreading across. And above all first, love yourself truly.
- Have boundaries: It happens. We get so involved in people’s stories that we want to be for them all the time. Helping others is addictive. However not at the cost of our self. It is utmost important to safeguard our energies which can be achieved by setting boundaries. Boundaries in our relationships, boundaries at the work place and boundaries in our everyday life.
- Creating a Sisterhood/Brotherhood: Create a sisterhood or brotherhood to strive and grow. A tribe of like minded people who want to grow along with you. Build that sisterhood which lifts you as well as your client up every single time.
- Be You!: Not getting carried away in the whirlwind of social media and what everyone else says how you should be! At the end of the day, listen to your heart and do what you enjoy doing. Do what you feel like doing. Be the true authentic you and be proud of who you are! Always remember, you are unique and have something valuable to offer to the world.
These are the mantras I adhere by today. I hope it bring a ray of confidence in at least one of the newbie coaches out there! Just do your thing and the world will know you through your work! Fill up your heart with the light to serve so brightly that there is no space for fear there. Only light. It is time to take that first step! All the best!